[ExI] A Nobel Prize ​winner on Trump

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Mon May 9 19:19:12 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-09 20:35, spike wrote:

> Well that too Dave, and recall that the Nobel committee awarded one of
> these prizes to the current POTUS before he had actually done anything.
>
> Even more ironic is that they awarded the prize for his promotion of
> nuclear non-proliferation.

It is worth recalling that Nobel committee for peace is based in Norway
(a deliberate choice by Alfred). And that the economics prize is
actually to his memory and founded by the Swedish national bank, not
Nobel himself. Both have had a fair share of stupid choices (and IMHO
more than the science and literature prizes).

The real issue is not Krugman's putative brilliance but whether his
arguments are right. Do we know *any* economists who think Trump knows
what he is doing?

--
Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute