[ExI] Security clearances

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Thu May 12 21:15:42 UTC 2016

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 12:24 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> I can’t trust either major party nominee to not see this logical fallacy
> in the whole notion of executive pardon.  I don’t trust either of them to
> not abuse it.

You have to have a concept of mercy before you can twist it.  For all his
faults, I don't see Trump as psychologically capable of this particular
abuse.

> Without strict definition, the presidential pardon is a ticket to
> totalitarianism far worse than Germany’s bitter experience.

You might want to dial that back, unless you are seriously suggesting that
presidential pardons would enable the creation and operation of sustained
ethnic cleansing on the scale of Auschwitz.  Law or no law, I don't see
such a facility staying in operation within the US for long.