[ExI] my unified theory etc

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun May 15 16:12:37 UTC 2016

​
I know at least two people that old whose minds are as sharp as ever.
Granted, they stay very active intellectually, which is probably the reason
why.  adrian

On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 2:29 PM, William Flynn Wallace <
> foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am 74 and I don't think anyone my age or older could say that their
>> mind was completely unaffected​.
>>

> We're good at faking it, too -  and hiding it.  No way anyone over 35 is
as good as they used to be.  Brain cell loss.  Of course we make up for
declining function by getting more efficient, detecting logical and
cognitive errors and so forth.  I am surprised that theoretical
mathematicians aren't fired after about 30, as their days are over.​

​ ( a lot of flak here, I expect)​

​It's likely that the people you know are pretty darn smart, and the
smarter you are the farther you have to fall before it's detectable.  Ask
those two if they think that they haven't lost anything.

bill w​

​