[ExI] Sanders, Clinton and Trump

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 01:21:03 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 7:53 PM, John Clark <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 16, 2016  William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ​> ​
>> How successful he
>> ​ [Trump]​
>> is as a business man is debatable
>>

> ​If Trump let the American people see all his tax information ​since 1977
> as
> Hillary Clinton
> ​ has it wouldn't be debatable, we'd know exactly how successful ​a
> business man he is; but Trump won't let us see it. Why do you suppose that
> is?
>

>> ​>​
>> and yes, he has gone bankrupt four times, but that may be fairly common
>> in his highly speculative world
>>

> Bill Gates
>> has never gone bankrupt and in 1975 when he started
> ​making money ​
> a PC was about as speculative as you can get; he didn't get all his money
> from his daddy either.
> ​ ​
> Warren Buffett
>> never went bankrupt either, or Sergey Brin
>> or Larry
>> Page
>> or
>> Mark Zuckerberg
> ​. And the poorest of one these people is between 4 and 40 times as rich
> as Donald Trump, depending on just how inflated Trump's claim of great
> wealth really is. ​
>
> ​ John K Clark ​
>
> ​Please do not interpret anything I say as any kind of support for him.
All I am saying is that we likely do not know his true beliefs, if he has
any in the political world that are not developed with winning votes in
mind.  Surely he does have some, but as he is a demagogue, we know only
what he says and cannot trust that.

I do want to add that the history of one's beliefs is never an accurate
story about what one believes now, nor should it be.  We should always
change with the changing environment.  Hilary changed her mind about Iraq
after voting for that war, and that's a good thing.  It actually did not
have to be as bad as it was.   And I suppose she saw that and changed her
mind.

bill w​