[ExI] Sanders, Clinton and Trump

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 01:52:18 UTC 2016

On May 16, 2016, at 6:21 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> On Mon, May 16, 2016  William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> ​Please do not interpret anything I say as any kind of support for him.  All I am saying is that we likely do not know his true beliefs, if he has any in the political world that are not developed with winning votes in mind.  Surely he does have some, but as he is a demagogue, we know only what he says and cannot trust that.
>
> I do want to add that the history of one's beliefs is never an accurate story about what one believes now, nor should it be.  We should always change with the changing environment.  Hilary changed her mind about Iraq after voting for that war, and that's a good thing.  It actually did not have to be as bad as it was.   And I suppose she saw that and changed her mind.

Clinton changed her mind, it seems, when it was safe to do so. If that's so, then it's not really a good sign.

This, of course, does not mean Trump is any better than her.

Regarding their record, I think it should be indicative of something and that part of this would be understanding why their views might have changed. In many of these cases, the views seem to change depending on who they're talking to or which way the wind is blowing. That tells us that they're not really changing their minds in a way that's at all good.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst