[ExI] Repudiating the national debt

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed May 18 03:08:25 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 10:58 PM, Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 7:47 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki <
> rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 7:31 PM, Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com
> >> Patriots? Please define.
> >

> > ### Reasonable people who would like this country to flourish long-term.
>
> IMO reasonable people should want the world or universe to flourish -- not
> merely whatever country they find themselves in at the time.

### Well, yeah, but it's much easier to make your own country flourish
first, and in fact you pretty much have to make it flourish if you ever
want to have the resources you need to fix the universe.

> >> Do you mean nationalists?
> >
> > ### No, I mean reasonable people, not idiots.
>
> I would eschew the term patriot. It is just a euphemism for nationalist,
> especially meaning nationalists people are supposed to like.

### I think it's sad that manipulative hateful leftoids managed to make
this once powerful word seem tawdry.

Rafał