[ExI] chain rule

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun May 22 14:32:06 UTC 2016

Did we suddenly introduce a really good alternate path to success, one I
> have perceived as missing for a long time and needed for even longer?
>spike

I am just not sure what you want.  Of course I would separate students on
the basis of aptitude and let the upper group advance as rapidly as they
want to - meaning each individual goes at the pace he wants, not that he
has to follow his group.  Otherwise, big waste of time.

But I think you are asking what happens when a kid is home schooled.  That
would take a developmental psychologist, which I am not, to answer.  Kids
learn what's acceptable and what's not, not only from their parents, but
from their peers.  In fact they value the peers' opinions far more than
their parents.  So if you take them out of the social mix, I dunno what
happens.  But I'll bet there is a lot of research on it.

In answer to another question I noted that not too many employers are
willing to hire a 15 year old, even if they have a Master's degree.  I did
not watch Doogie Howard (SP?) but there will be definite problems with
teens interacting with adults.

So, if you will, be a bit more precise about the environment you think will
work that is different from our traditional one.......

bill w