[ExI] Has the mystery of Dark Matter been solved?

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Mon May 23 18:57:02 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-23 19:19, John Clark wrote:

> We know from the percentage of the  elements Hydrogen, Deuterium,
> Helium and  Lithium  how much regular matter was around one minute
> after the Big Bang when nucleosynthesis cooked up these elements, and
> there is no room for Dark Matter.

Huh? Can you unfold how the nucleosynthesis data doesn't fit dark
matter? Last time I checked the literature (fall last year) there was a
fairly decent parameter window of the nuclei/DM parameter space, where
lithium abundance was used as a sensitive constraint on the properties
of DM.

I thought the gravitational lensing studies ruled out black hole halos
fairly strongly.