[ExI] Has the mystery of Dark Matter been solved?

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri May 27 20:11:49 UTC 2016

Ethan Siegel discusses why black holes = dark matter is unlikely.
<
http://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2016/05/26/black-holes-as-dark-matter-heres-why-the-idea-falls-apart/#687e2a006d7b

​> ​
> All told, observations of
> ​ ​
> the lack of Hawking radiation,
> ​ ​
> gamma-ray-burst microlensing,
> ​ ​
> neutron star capture in globular clusters,
> ​ ​
> traditional microlensing,
> ​ ​
> and the cosmic infrared and microwave backgrounds,
> ​ ​
> tell us that we can’t have primordial black holes make up the majority
> ​ ​
> of dark matter over a wide variety of mass ranges.

​That's true, ​

​all those things do rule out Black Holes being Dark Matter over a
wide variety of mass ranges
​,
 but not over all mass ranges. To be Dark Matter Black Holes can't be
smaller than 10 solar masses and they can't be larger than 100. But LIGO
found a 29, a 36, and a 62 solar mass Black Hole almost as soon as it was
turned on.

  John K Clark