[ExI] segregation forever!!

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sat May 28 01:33:09 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 5:53 PM, Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Just to be sure, Do you believe anything is really open to choice?

Me or Rafal?

> And, if so, can people who make the wrong choices be, in some sense,
> judged for making the wrong ones?

If you mean me: there are usually but not always choices to be made - but
the information available when one person makes a choice is not always the
information that is available when someone else makes a choice.  Further,
the circumstances between two similar choices can vary dramatically, such
that what may be a simple and consequence-free choice for most people on
this list might be a choice between life or death - and thus, not really a
choice at all - for a far more impoverished person.

One is responsible for making the best choice given the information and
capabilities available when the choice is made.  At the same time, one is
ultimately responsible for one's own choices, not someone else's.