[ExI] The fraudulent claims made by IBM about Watson and AI

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue May 31 02:36:05 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 9:48 PM, Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​>​
> If I could have a conversation with Watson and see that it was an actual
> insight and not just a lucky Google hit that would be pretty impressive.
> When/if real artificial intelligence does come along, some people are going
> to believe it immediately, some people will never believe it, but the vast
> majority will accept it over time. The fact that we're playing "what if"
> games about behaviors that Watson doesn't exhibit kind of confirms Schank's
> point that it's not there yet.

​Granted computers aren't smart ​about everything, but then people aren't
either. But c
omputers already show greater than human intelligence in playing Chess and
Go and ​Jeopardy and in finding the websites that tell you what you want to
know. And if
"​
actual insight
​" isn't needed to do that then