[ExI] state vs federal taxes, was: RE: self driving truck

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 17:06:53 UTC 2016

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 10:36 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
> so the only thing they can do with their vote is to protest - seriously
> consider voting third party

​I have a strong hunch that if it were obvious that only 2 people had a
chance of winning, Gary Johnson or Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton had
virtually no chance of ever being president then many people who are
currently voting for Johnson would vote for Hillary as a protest vote; they
don't want anybody they vote for to actually win because then they'd feel
responsible for what happens for the next 4 years, or perhaps longer. We've
never had a
president who refuses to recognize the outcome of an election and won't
leave when his term expires so we don't know what would happen, but there
is a 28% chance we'll find out in 4 years.

John K Clark ​