[ExI] If you built "Westworld" (or other robot sex) it would probably be with VR

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 21:02:45 UTC 2016

This has been studied, in fact.  You can research if you want, but the
short version is, enforced sexual relations with others - and in practice
(since children are physically unable to resist and often unable to
determine if and when they should resist, to a degree beyond all but the
least capable adults), legalizing underage sex leads, directly and
inevitably in all actual cases so far (hypothetical utopias where everyone
acts as they should don't exist in reality), to enforced sexual relations
with others - at that age causes lasting, difficult-to-impossible to cure,
psychological damage.  adrian

I certainly did not envision anyone at any age being forced, much less a
child.  I did envision the couple being of much the same age.

If forced, at any age, it will lead to treating, or being treated as an
object, not a person, and this, not to mince words, is slavery - about as
far from my libertarian beliefs as it is possible to get.
I have little doubt that research of the forced variety will show what
Adrian said it will show.
I have some doubts that underage couples who are having sex with mutual
consent are always (always is such a strong word;  often maybe?) developing
psychological problems.

As for sex with a robot as masturbation, I find nothing to disagree with
about that, but a person who only uses prostitutes, alive or robotic, has a
problem with women and perhaps people in general. There is someone for
everyone (said Pollyanna).

Unsatisfactory sex, at ANY age, can be successfully treated.  Masters and
Johnson found that interviews with problem couples usually revealed that
both of them could just not tell the other person what they wanted - what
would turn them on, sometimes because they were afraid that it would
intimidate the partner and cause him or her to feel inadequate, even though
inadequacy was what was being treated!

In other cases one partner felt that the other would be disgusted by the
desired sex acts - and often this is the case.  "You want to do THAT!?"
 These fears have to be dealt with and M and J developed some techniques
that are still used with success.

Adrian - do you think that there is some age at which a person has an
understanding of what it is that they are agreeing to do?  Physically and
esp. emotionally?  No one can predict what their emotions will be.  Of
course that does not magically happen at 18.  Some people don't have a clue
way past that age.

bill w