[ExI] trump still

Darin Sunley dsunley at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 21:39:50 UTC 2016

Planned Parenthood encouraging and profiting from abortions is, to these
people, the cartoonish supervillian icing on the evil cake, but their
outrage is certainly not restricted to that.
These people really sincerely believe that the simple widespread (thousands
or hundreds of thousands per year) practice of elective abortions, for
/any/ reason other than an immediate, urgent, clear and present danger to
the life of the mother, is really, really, really bad.

Like, nuclear war bad, only without the property damage.

If you don't understand that about these people, any outreach is unlikely
to be effective.

And as for "they believe a proper citizen should live in hatred, and should
have government support in doing so", there's a lot of that on both sides
of the aisle. "To vote for a racist monster is to be a racist monster
yourself, and to therefore deserve violent retribution", and so on. No less
than the worst Christian fundamentalists, the worst Progressive
fundamentalists define themselves by what they hate, and the level of
violence they are prepared to wield against what they hate.

But I note that the "Obama is the antichrist and is going to put us all in
FEMA concentration camps" folks have set a lot fewer cars and storefronts
on fire than the "Trump is Hitler" people out rioting as we speak.