[ExI] META: Bottom posting in Gmail

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Nov 21 15:27:05 UTC 2016

>... On Behalf Of BillK
Subject: [ExI] META: Bottom posting in Gmail

On 21 November 2016 at 04:34, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:
>>... (It's getting difficult to format replies to these posts - Gmail in my

> browser defaults to top-posting and I can't change it).

>...Gmail sees itself as a general easy-to-use email client. Nowadays bottom
posting is only used in old-fashioned mailing lists and Google appears to
think that adding this option would confuse the millions of 'chatty'
users...BillK

Ja, cool thanks BillK.  If it is a bother to bottom post, go ahead and top
post, and mention it in the first line.

The reason we requested bottom posting is to make sure we can figure out who
wrote what, years from now when it is time to write your biography as the
guy who figured out this or that, the guy who first proposed some wicked
cool idea such as the virtual reality/meat world merger in the big foamy
nekkid tennis court notion.  I am surprised nobody has commented on that
silliness yet.  That sounds like a lotta lotta fun to me.