[ExI] META: Bottom posting in Gmail

Dave Sill sparge at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 16:20:31 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 6:18 AM, BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Gmail sees itself as a general easy-to-use email client. Nowadays
> bottom posting is only used in old-fashioned mailing lists and Google
> appears to think that adding this option would confuse the millions of
> 'chatty' users.

Seems like something Google Labs could provide. I just click to expand the
included quoted reply and manually edit into a top-post. Takes about three
clicks and two keystrokes.

Also, it's much easier to follow who said what when included quotes are of
the format:

On *date* at *time,* *person* <*email*> wrote:
> *some stuff*

The date/time isn't critical, but indicating each line of quoted text with
a ">" or some other visible character is important because it's likely to
be preserved in replies to replies, etc.

-Dave