[ExI] Observable Universe contains ten times more galaxies than previously thought

Ben bbenzai at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 08:31:33 UTC 2016

Anders <anders at aleph.se> Observed:
 > Yes, this news is based on a very odd use of the present tense.
 > Astronomers may be fine with considering the "present" as the surface
of  our past light cone, but most of us prefer to consider the
 > unreachable volumes with the same cosmological time as us as being "now".

Ah, but doesn't that contradict Relativity? I thought one consequence of
that was that there is no such thing as 'simultaneity', over large
enough scales. Surely anyone who wants to think about cosmology needs to
get used to that idea?

Ben Zaiboc