[ExI] deplorables: was RE: Nobody can say we weren’t warned

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 01:24:01 UTC 2016

On Sat, Oct 22, 2016 at 5:19 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> ​>​
>> >… if Trump wins I'm not going to put the Mr. What is Aleppo crowd in my
>> blameless book…

​> ​
> I see.  Does it work the same if Clinton wins and it turns out badly?

​No because if ​Clinton's presidency goes south that outcome was not
obvious on November 8 2016, but Trump might as well have the word
"catastrophe" tattooed on his forehead. Torturing people, murdering the
children of people you don't like and ignoring elections results just isn't
morally comparable to a bad E-mail server.

> *​​>> ​*"
>> *We should have a revolution in this country!​ ​We can't let this happen.
>> We should march on Washington and stop this travesty."*
>
> ​>
> I don’t see anything in that about taking up arms.  Do you?
>
> ​Come on Spike, imagine what you's say if Romney had won in 2012 and
Hillary issued the above proclamation
!
 Have a revolution, march on Washington the day after election day to "stop
this travesty". And by "this" he meant reverse the election results of the
previous day.   ​

>> ​>​
>> …once Trump gets into power how will we ever get him out?
>

> ​> ​
> Impeachment, if he does anything illegal.

​What good would that do? I can see Trump paraphrasing Stalin (or was it
Andrew Jackson?)
and saying "congress has made their decision, now let them enforce it".
 I keep telling you, the Constipation is a piece of paper not a law of
physics, it only has power if people agree it has power, and just a few
days ago somebody who has one chance in 6 in being the top constitutional
officer made it clear he sees no reason to obey the constitution. And if he
thinks he can get away with that now imagine what he will be like after
being commander in chief for 4 years.    ​

> ​> ​
> Trump would be waaaay easier to impeach than Clinton.

If ​Clinton is impeached and convicted she will go because she respects the
constitution, but if Trump is impeached and convicted I don't think he's
going anywhere, and just like what he wants to do with Hillary he will
"lock up" anyone in congress who voted for his impeachment. Who's going to
stop him?​

> > Reasoning: she has a party behind her and Trump does not.

​It's not important what the Republicans think of Trump today, the
important thing is what the army will think about Trump after 4 years of
him promoting the people he likes.​

> >… in 2012 people just ignored the bozo but there are a lot more
>> deplorables in Trump's basket now in 2016…
>

> ​> ​
> Oy, the infamous basket of deplorables comment again.

​
Yep.
​ P
eople say they want politicians to be straight shooters and tell it like it
is, but they don't really want that at all. Hillary told the truth (except
she was being a bit kind when she said only half of T
​r​
ump supporters were deplorable
​) and the voters punished her for it. If telling the truth got votes then
politicians would tell the truth, but it doesn't so they don't. ​

> ​> ​
> Who goes in that basket?

​People who are fools and or sociopaths, aka Trump supporters. ​

> ​> ​
> I am seeing the T-shirts “I was deplorable BEFORE it was cool”

​I have a hunch "I'm ​
such a nasty woman
​" T-shirts are selling better.​

John K Clark