[ExI] foundation and empire

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Sep 2 16:00:55 UTC 2016

>… On Behalf Of John Clark
Subject: Re: [ExI] The Clinton Foundation

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 8:02 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net <mailto:spike66 at att.net> > wrote:

​> >​… presidents shouldn’t make the call on nukes

​>… it makes not one bit of difference if they should or shouldn't because presidents DO make the call on nukes and they will continue to do so… John K Clark

John suppose the person who wins the election (we are told he or she won) is distrusted by the current administration (and congress (and most of the rest of us (not mentioning any names (don’t need to.))))

Then the lame-duck congress drafts a bill like the old stadium cheer: Hey hey whaddya say, let’s go take that ball away…   Lame duck congress passes it, lame duck president signs it, it’s not just a suggestion, it’s the law.  Football is passed by current lame-duck president over to where it should have been to start with, a couple months, weeks, days, hours or even minutes before inauguration, new suspect is sworn into office without ever getting the launch codes.  Risk of nuclear single-point failure averted, done.  The commies follow suit.  Then we can officially declare that the cold war is over, the entire planet breathes a long-delayed sigh of relief.

John there is no need to be a nattering nabob of negativism.  The above is an easily-imagined scenario.  There is plenty of light at the end of this dark tunnel.