[ExI] foundation and empire

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 18:57:47 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 12:00 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> >it makes not one bit of difference if they should or shouldn't because
>> presidents DO make the call on nukes and they will continue to do so… John
>> K Clark
>

> ​> ​
> John suppose the person who wins the election (we are told he or she won)
> is distrusted by the current administration (and congress (and most of the
> rest of us (not mentioning any names (don’t need to.))))
> Then the lame-duck congress drafts a bill like the old stadium cheer: Hey
> hey whaddya say, let’s go take that ball away…   Lame duck congress passes
> it,

​Passed by a congress where both houses are controlled by Republicans who
endorse Trump and where each one is trying to convince voters that they are
tougher on defence issues than anyone else in government? Pigs will fly
first. Even Republicans who are now lukewarm to him (because they don't
think he will win) ​will change their tune and sing his praises if the
unexpected happens and voters go for his bullshit and he becomes President.

> ​> ​
> There is plenty of light at the end of this dark tunnel.

​Yes but it turns out the light is coming from the headlight ​of a diesel
locomotive
heading straight for you .​

On a separate matter, I looked at the title of your post and wondered if
you too were an Isaac Asimov fan.

​ John K Clark​