[ExI] Alzheimer’s

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Sep 5 13:56:22 UTC 2016

>...It could cost up to $2.5 billion dollars to test it widely, but the investment might be worth the price tag: if it works, aducanumab could treat people for Alzheimer’s before they even show symptoms.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/body/plaque-pillaging-alzheimers-drug-advances-toward-promising-phase-iii-trial/?utm_medium=N/A&utm_medium=pbsofficial&utm_campaign=nova_next&linkId=28297637&utm_source=twitter&hootPostID=7214100121367f51f30a3f435d378fb6

Keith

Woohooo!  Let's hope for the best Keith, thanks for the link.  We have nothing in the arsenal now that works very well.

Of all the diseases, it seems like Alzheimer's would be the very best one for doing trials that don't cost 2.5 billion clams.  Reasoning: we already have a big pool of eager desperate test subjects, they are already being carefully monitored so we know what they are taking, they are already in controlled environments with a lot of available medical equipment and medical professionals and staff around them always, they are already paying a ton of money every day for medications that appear to do little or nothing.  For testing new substances or theories, this is the disease with the best available laboratory, the most test subjects, the very best conditions imaginable.  Let's hope.