[ExI] Nobody's posted about the Hillary interview yet?

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 16:28:38 UTC 2016

On Sep 6, 2016, at 9:12 AM, Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com> wrote:
On Sep 6, 2016 11:59 AM, "Aleksei Riikonen" <aleksei at iki.fi> wrote:

> > Sorry, but I think you'll find out that what you have this year is the
> > new normal...
> >
> > This is what democracy looks like in an empire entering it's period of decline.
>
> Yeah, I know this.  It's of course only going to get worse.  If we even get to another election, and if it doesn't happen this election, next time I guarantee there will be an abnormality in the election process--candidates will be replaced, election day will be delayed or cancelled, the rules will undergo a forced changed.

There were no abnormalities in previous elections? Nothing strange happened in 01968, 01976, or 02000? And the rules didn't change afterward? The US is still using the same election rules as in the Eighteenth Century?
> I'm just trying to figure out where will be safe.  An island, probably.  The Ryukyu Islands, or Madagascar?  Perhaps the steppes of Central Asia, or far northern Canada.

Anders mentioned Tasmania. ;)

> Antarctica if we need to.  Maybe it'll be tropical by then

If by then you mean a few centuries hence, yes.
> (even though it will of course never be astronomically tropical, barring some crazy alterations to our planet's precession.)

This too shall pass.

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via: