[ExI] offending people

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 23:30:25 UTC 2016

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 12:13 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I read today a quote said to be libertarian and never heard of it:
>
> Offense cannot be given, only taken.
>
> Y'all heard of that one?  Not sure what makes it libertarian, except
> possibly that it leaves people to say what they want and blame being
> offended on the victim.  I endorse it, though.  Some are constantly
> offended, revealing weak egos and self-regard.

### This statement is open to diverse interpretations. A more clearly
libertarian statement in this vein would be "Feeling offended does not
confer new rights". Today the claim that somebody offended you is used as a
justification for violent action, including state action, or in other
words, claiming victim status has been weaponized.

Rafał