[ExI] diabetes

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 20:08:20 UTC 2016

On 11 September 2016 at 20:43, William Flynn Wallace  wrote:
> Please send to people you know with diabetes.  Notice cachet of authors.
>
> Also please notice that yet another national organization (the other -
> American Heart Assoc.)  is denying the latest research in favor of options
> based on old and refuted science.  Is a basic Atkins diet the answer to
> everything?
>
> http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/11/opinion/sunday/before-you-spend-26000-on-weight-loss-surgery-do-this.html?_r=0

This diabetes and statins discussion makes me wonder why we bother to
consult doctors.

If the doc diagnoses a problem and recommends a treatment our reaction
appears to be to immediately question both the diagnosis and the
treatment and start frantically googling to see what this week's
internet opinion is.

If our trust in doctors is so poor, why do we believe them when they
tell us that the tests are OK and no health problems were highlighted.
Surely we should treat an 'All clear' with just as much suspicion?

BillK