[ExI] The Bomb verses a Email server

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 22:38:51 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 16, 2016 at 4:14 PM, Dylan Distasio <interzone at gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
> The generally accepted definition of the word intolerance is "unwillingness
> to accept views, beliefs, or behavior that differ from one's own."

​That is the stupidest definition I have ever heard! Person X  tells me
they believe Trump is great and so not being an intolerant person I accept
the Trump is great, then person Y tells me they believe Trump is not great
and so not being an intolerant person I accept the Trump is not great.
According to you "tolerance"  would be a synonym for "doublethink".

You have the right to have any view you like, but you don't have the right
to make me respect them. And I don't respect the idea that Donald Trump
would make a good president. I have contempt for that idea because it is
brain dead dumb.

> ​>> ​
>> ​I have no idea what the relation to Trump is but I don't buy into
>> Pascal's wager because even if there is a God I can see absolutely no ​
>>
>> ​reason He would consider faith to be a virtue and not a vice. Perhaps
>> God values logic and knows He did not provide nearly enough evidence for a
>> logical person to conclude He exists, so disbelievers go to heaven and
>> believers go to hell. Nor do I think it likely that an omnipotent being
>> would be addicted to flattery, especially the insincere Sunday sort coming
>> from puny beings like us.
>>

> ​> ​
> The relation in my feeble mind is that you are asking us to buy into the
> same wager, you're playing the Pascal role.

​What the hell are you talking about?​

​John K Clark​