[ExI] rhymes with pneumonia

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Sep 17 19:24:06 UTC 2016

>...On Behalf Of crw
Subject: Re: [ExI] rhymes with pneumonia

Came up with a rhyming word "ammonia" - Googled: lyrics pneumonia ammonia.
First hit was a link about commonly misheard lyrics.

Is the song you were referring to Dionne Warwick's "I'll Never Fall in Love
Again"?

"What do you get when you kiss a guy?
You get enough germs to catch pneumonia
After you do, he'll never phone ya
I'll never fall in love again
Don't you know that I'll never fall in love again"

-c.

That's the one, we have a winner.  Of course it is perfectly absurd: anyone
woman as beautiful as Dionne would have her phone ringing off the hook.

Fun song, 1970. Gentle lilting voice, perfectly in tune always, easy to
understand the lyrics.  Why don't we have singers like that anymore?