[ExI] right to try bill

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 23:37:26 UTC 2016

Currently a felony conviction forfeits one’s right in the USA to legally
purchase and own firearms.  The way things are going, it might eventually
become illegal for those with mental health issues to bear arms as well.
Result: if one wishes to protect that right, one cannot risk a professional
visit to a psychologist or psychiatrist.

spike

Shotguns too?  Remember Hemingway.  In most states the psychologist has the
same confidentiality agreement as the psychiatrist.  I don't know the
current obligation, if any, of the psychiatrist to alert police, in any
state.  If all people with strong depression were reported to the police,
the police would not have time to do anything else.

And it's almost always a depressive rather than a psychotic like a
schizophrenic, who is usually too cognitively confused to organize a two
car funeral, and who generally are not suicidal.

And even if reported - the father of the latest terrorist says he contacted
the feds three years ago about his son and they did nothing about it.
 "Dropped the ball."  he said.

In any case, one can always get access to a gun.  Or pills.  Or traffic.
Or a bridge.

Apropos of nothing:  have you ever tried tai chi?  Karate for the slow?

bill w