[ExI] right to try bill

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 01:33:49 UTC 2016

if we do keep talking about making it illegal for the mentally ill to bear
arms, spike

It would be unworkable.  Added to the 1% of the population who are
schizophrenic, depressives add a lot more.  I think a workable law would
have to apply only to those who have been institutionalized and diagnosed
as violent and/or suicidal.  Your 'run of the mill' depressive is just too
common to put on the books.

I would not be in favor of including suicidal people, just those who are
psychotic and dangerous.  But really, I do not have the experience
clinically or with the literature to talk about people who are violent and
choose death by cop after killing as many as he can.  (notice no women -
despite the fact that they are more likely to attempt suicide - by drugs,
usually, not guns, which is a guy thing)

bill w