[ExI] Single Payer Healthcare

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 14:10:31 UTC 2017

On Sat, Apr 1, 2017 at 10:15 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki <
rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com>

​
>> ​>> ​
>> Be honest Dan, if the 30 single payer countries I mentioned spent twice
>> as much on healthcare as the USA and yet their citizens had shorted lives
>> than the USA would you be complaining about
>>  sampling errors
>> ​ and​
>> ​ ​
>> experimental
>>

> ​> ​
> ### John, you keep repeating this stuff as if it mattered.

​Silly me, I thought people living longer and paying less mattered. What
could I have been thinking?

​> ​
> Here is a conundrum for you: People often die in the hospital or right
> after discharge. So, wouldn't it make sense to just close all hospitals in
> order to keep people living longer?
>> If you can think your way through this puzzle,

​I'm sorry, that was supposed to ​be a puzzle?

> ​> ​
> you will be on your way to noticing the irrelevance of that statistic of
> yours.

Yes, I
​ ​
foolishly thought a statistic on how long people lived and how much that
cost might have some relevance to
​ ​
how long people lived and how much that cost.

​> ​
> For me support for single-payer medical care is a discussion-stopper: It
> takes complete ignorance of the issue or ulterior motives to come to this
> position,

Rafal
​, I think I already know the answer to this question but I'm going to ask
it anyway: Which is more important to you, libertarianism or the scientific
method?

 John K Clark