[ExI] annoying, unsolicited advice

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 22:24:57 UTC 2017

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 4:30 PM, Michael LaTorra <mlatorra at gmail.com> wrote:

> It does seem to be simple. But people who lack the knack for teaching
> apparently find it very hard to grasp.
>
> I taught undergraduates for many years. I told them that they could ask
> any question, and should never feel embarassed. "There is no such thing as
> a stupid student question in this class" I said. "There can be stupid
> answers from the teacher, however. So only I get to be stupid."
>
> Mike LaTorra

​Good to meet a fellow teacher.  Thanks for responding.  I just don't know
if anyone can teach teaching.  Maybe most of it is in the personality.
True teachers never burn out, never get tired of teaching the same old
thing because it's always to a new audience.  I loved nearly every minute
of it.   bill w​