[ExI] saturated fats safe

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Apr 28 14:49:25 UTC 2017

I hope this is right BillW.  I have long believed a high-fat low-calorie diet is the best thing.

spike

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace

In case you missed this the last time I sent something similar:

Three cardiologists have broken ranks with many of their colleagues in an editorial published in the  <http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/bjsports/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285.full.pdf> British Journal of Sports Medicine (April 25, 2017). These are not just any old cardiologists.

….

“Coronary artery disease pathogenesis and treatment urgently requires a paradigm shift. Despite popular belief among doctors and the public, the conceptual model of dietary saturated fat clogging a pipe is just plain wrong. A landmark systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies showed no association between saturated fat consumption and (1) all-cause mortality, (2) coronary heart disease (CHD), (3) CHD mortality, (4) ischaemic stroke or (5) type 2 diabetes in healthy adults. …