[ExI] video games take 2

Christian Saucier csaucier at sovacs.com
Sat Aug 5 05:41:30 UTC 2017

I enjoy playing video games.  It is my way to disconnect after my brain
has spent all it will at the end of the day.

As with any activity, doing it with compulsion is typically a sign of
some imbalance in someone's life.  I work at 3 startup companies; if
anything, the need to feel productive at all time is my #1 compulsion.
So I game.  Gaming allows me an escape.

What are some other real tangible benefits of gaming for me?

1- Stress relief; mental disconnect from daily troubles
2- Social relationships; I keep in touch with remote friends through MMOs
3- Story telling; I love games with strong story-lines.  Great sci-fi,
horror, fantasy environments
4- Technological and artistic marvels; Games are interactive cinema!
5- Domestic love; my girlfriend and I game together.  Sometimes nicely,
sometimes not... *grin*

We all need to decide for ourselves how to use our time.  I work hard so
that I can be around to see the future.  I also play hard so that my
mind stays sane and happy.

Cheers!

C.