[ExI] civil war denial

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 16:14:48 UTC 2017

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 7:06 PM, Dylan Distasio <interzone at gmail.com> wrote:

> ​> ​
> I count every day without your hysterically prophesied nuclear winter as a
> blessing.

​My joy at hearing that anti free market ​
​fascist ​
Steve Bannon
​ got fired was less than it might have been because on some issues he was
more rational and
knowledgeable
​ ​than his boss. That may be faint praise as the bar is set very low but
at least Bannon knew North Korea could send 300,000
artillery
​shells ​
and rocket
​s​
​ an hour into Seoul​, one of the most highly populated cities in the
world. Bannon said:

*"Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten
million people in Seoul don't die in the first 30 minutes from conventional
weapons, I don't know what you're talking about, there's no military
solution here, they got us"  *

*​*Meanwhile Donald Trump asked his generals why if we have nuclear weapons
we don't use them and told the world what he would do if North Korea made
any more threats, not what he would do if they performed a hostile action
but what he would do if they just shot off their mouth again:  ​

​*"​*
*North Korea best not make any more threats to the United States,​ they
will ​be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen​.​”*

​A statement eerily reminiscent of what Harry Truman said about Japan after
he dropped the Hiroshima bomb but before he dropped the Nagasaki bomb:

*"If they [Japan] do not now accept our terms they can expect a rain of
ruin from the air, the like of which has never been seen on this earth".*

You may believe that I'm being silly worrying about a little thing like
Nuclear War, but I don't think so. And by the way, I don't remember saying
anything about nuclear winter.

​> ​
> your ad hominem attacks are unhelpful.

​Sorry if I've been politically incorrect and offended ​your delicate
sensibilities, but I humbly suggest if you can't stand the heat then get
out of the kitchen.

 ​John K Clark​