[ExI] AI citizens

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Aug 23 17:31:41 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2017 10:04 AM
To: ExI chat list <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Subject: Re: [ExI] AI citizens

>>…Adrian wrote:  rights for women and non-whites (mostly a done deal even if some still try to oppress).

>…Except for most of the rest of the world.

>…Next up:  children's rights

>…bill w

If we manage that, I hope we make it the right of underage males to refuse circumcision, even if they have not yet learned to talk.

It is already illegal as all hell in the USA to “circumcise” underage girls.  Please can someone explain why the hell we don’t make the very reasonable logical extrapolation to underage males?  Sheesh, we could even settle for a compromise if we really must: no circumcision of either gender before the age of double digits.  Then let’s see how many eager takers we have at age ten, shall we?

I have never seen an infant male requesting that procedure.  We don’t need special training to know that their infantile wail is a plaintive request for food and fresh diapers, never for an excruciating surgery.

spike

(Uh oh, now we are going to get Keith started too.)