[ExI] alpha zero

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Dec 10 15:57:20 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John Clark

​.​

​>>… ​the usual DeepMind showboating

​>…There is nothing wrong with showboating if they've really got something to show, and they do… John K Clark

Ja.  If they really did what is reported, DeepMind’s paper is very modest and constrained.  In an odd way, this adds to my vague suspicion.  Had I written this code and it really came out of nowhere and performed 140 Elo over StockFish, I would declare myself god and demand humble worship from all geeks.  I would be going around healing the sick (of spreadsheet abuse) offering forgiveness of sins (such as still using DSL) and casting out demons (such as Fortran).

Regarding John’s comment, they definitely have something to show.  We just don’t know what that something is yet.  We will soon I hope.