[ExI] John's Idea

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 22:54:23 UTC 2017

Subject: Re: [ExI] John's Idea

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 7:46 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

>>... Think about the most spectacular event you personally witnessed in
> your life... the kinds
> of stuff that is popular on YouTube, getting enough hits to make money at
it.
> I am asking for a reason.  I think the answers will be informative.

>...Hard to pick just one, but perhaps that time I watched a building
burning for a while before the fire department arrived.  Would it draw
eyes?  You betcha...

Cool the few responses were what I expected: crashes and fires.  In the
case of a car crash, the video is valuable because it helps determine who
is at fault.  Crime videos, same, helps bag the perps, or provides valuable
court evidence.  In the case of fires: burly young firefighter is first on
the scene, bashes down the door, emerges with unconscious mother over the
shoulder and a coupla babies in the other arm, resuscitation, everyone is
fine, bystanders break into applause; hell we all want to see stuff like
that, no need to apologize for it.

No, I got there too late for evidence, and there was no heroic rescue.
This was just watching property and perhaps people die in a fire, with no
way to help.