[ExI] Theoretical Breakthrough? Was Re: Do digital computers feel?

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 01:48:16 UTC 2017

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 6:05 PM, Brent Allsop <brent.allsop at gmail.com>
wrote:

​> ​
> You seem to think that because the *Observable behaviour* (or the output
> of the system?) is the same, the qualitative state must be this same.

​That is most certainly what I think, especially if one of those observable
behaviors is the individual in question making a noise with his mouth that
sounds like:

*"I feel exactly the same, and if you really have made a change of some
sort in the internal operation of my neurons as you claim to have made then
those changes have produce no difference that I am conscious of." *

​John K Clark​