[ExI] Theoretical Breakthrough? Was Re: Do digital computers feel?

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 23:05:07 UTC 2017

Hi Stathis,

Yes, we are in agreement till you get to this:

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 1:43 PM, Stathis Papaioannou <stathisp at gmail.com>
wrote:

>  I suspect you think that if the glutamate changes, then the qualia change
> and so the behaviour must change as well; which is wrong, wrong, wrong.

You seem to think that because the *Observable behaviour* (or the output of
the system?) is the same, the qualitative state must be this same.  But do
you not see how in one of the steps of the neuro substitution, the system
qualitatively inverts, (as can be proven in the objective way that I've
described many times) and the qualitative definition of "red" for the
system switches from redness to greenness?  And despite this change, the
output will still be the same giving the same "red is the same as red."?

Brent