[ExI] Bell's Inequality

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 00:51:12 UTC 2017

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 6:13 PM, Adrian Tymes <atymes at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 2:57 PM, Jason Resch <jasonresch at gmail.com> wrote:
> > MW is falsifiable because QM is
> > falsifiable.
>
> We were talking about the difference between MWI and superposition,
> and that not being falsifiable.  QM being falsifiable is irrelevant to
> "MWI or superposition or something else".

### A theory positing the existence of invisible unicorns causing always
the precise outcomes predicted by QM to come out of experiments is not
falsifiable. "Collapse" caused by conscious observation is also not
falsifiable. Do you notice the analogy? Both are possible additions to QM
one could make, and neither one should be made, because bare-bones QM does
not need them to make correct predictions. And if the MW corollary of
bare-bones QM clashes with your intuitions, well, too bad for intuitions.

Rafal