[ExI] technology

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 03:50:12 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 4:29 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> ​> ​
> Philosophy and religion aren’t steering this ship, technology is doing it.

​I agree. So why do history professors teach their students more about the
battle tactics of the Austro-Prussian War than the do about the discovery
of the Second Law of Thermodynamics that happened at about the same time? ​

​> ​
> Consider James Burke’s excellent documentary series The Day the Universe
> Changed and later Connections, both about how technological developments
> shaped history.

​I loved them both, but I think Connections was first.​

​

 John K Clark​