[ExI] moral certitude

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 00:51:57 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
>  I read where China is building harbors and airports for other countries.

​Good for them.
​

> ​> ​
> With our money, in effect.

​How do you figure that? ​

> ​> ​
> Is it any mystery why we have a rather poor reputation around the world?

​No mystery whatsoever, the most powerful nation in the world has always
engendered resentment, it comes with the territory. But if you think the
USA is unpopular now just wait!​

> ​> ​
> Maybe this administration could put a stop to this.

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. The one Trump character flaw that
bothers me most is his belief he can pick a fight with reality and win. The
very best liars have the ability to halfway convince themselves that what
they say is true. For example, Trump wishes he had won the popular vote
therefore he
​
sort of
​
believes he did
​.​
​
Trump
​
wishes his inauguration
​
was the most attended in history therefore he
sort of believes
​
it was. Trump wishes he hadn't started a war with the CIA therefore he
​sort of believes he ​
never call
​
ed
​
them Nazis or referred to them as "intelligence" agencies
​.​
​
Trump wishes his winery is the largest on the East Coast
​
therefore he sort of believes it is.Trump wishes Ted Cruz’s father
​
helped assassinate
​
John
​
​
Kennedy
​
therefore he sort of believes he did. Trump wishes
​
Obama allowed
​
30 to 34
​
million
​
 illegal immigrants
​
in
​to​
the USA therefore he sort of believes
​he did​
. Trump wishes he was was totally against the war in Iraq
​
from the very beginning therefore he sort of believes he was. Trump wishes
the
​ ​
unemployment rate
​
under Obama reach as high as
​
42
​%
and made the USA
​
the highest taxed nation in the world
​
so he sort of bevies
​he did​
. Trump wishes Crime is rising therefore he sort of believes it is.

​This ability for self deception served him well during the campaign, it
got him votes, but different skills are needed to run the country. Because
of this I think it is only a matter of time before reality bites him in the
ass and sometime in the next 4 years Trump will be impeached and convicted
for massive incompetence (or maybe massive corruption or both). However
whether that would result in Trump actually leaving office is an entirely
different matter.

John K Clark