[ExI] test of icbm intercept

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 17:24:40 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 11:13 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> We haven't really dealt with China under MAD; that whole notion has been
> Russia and the yanks all along.  If we are to believe what we are told by
> the news people, the commies like the current POTUS and helped him get
> elected.  Perhaps that means they will make a deal, then both countries get
> as many ABMs as they want, then suddenly... for the first time in a typical
> human lifetime, we can no longer destroy the planet, even if we wanted to.
>
> Terrifying!  How shall we cope?

There's more than one way to destroy the planet.

We've still got a lot of dead dinos to burn... and that eventually leads to
everyone drowning in what was once polar ice, right?

Ok, so it's not as exciting as nuclear exchange but I hear we're already
well on our way.

hmm... "Nuclear exchange" sounds like you get a deposit back when you
recycle the empties... "Can I get a discount on new nukes if I return some
old ones?"