[ExI] test of icbm intercept

spike spike66 at att.net
Fri Jun 2 17:59:46 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Mike Dougherty
Subject: Re: [ExI] test of icbm intercept

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 11:13 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net <mailto:spike66 at att.net> > wrote:

>>… the commies like the current POTUS and helped him get
elected.  Perhaps that means they will make a deal, then both countries get
as many ABMs as they want, then suddenly... for the first time in a typical
human lifetime, we can no longer destroy the planet, even if we wanted to.

Terrifying!  How shall we cope?

>…There's more than one way to destroy the planet…

Oh OK well then.  That’s a relief.

>…We've still got a lot of dead dinos to burn... and that eventually leads to everyone drowning in what was once polar ice, right?

Eh, no, we don’t all drown.  This has me worried again, for all the polar ice melting fails to utterly destroy mankind and all civilization.  That scenario is ineffective at mutual assured destruction.  Oh dear!

>…Ok, so it's not as exciting as nuclear exchange but I hear we're already well on our way…

Ja, all this comes just when we were getting comfortable with the old notion of a fiery holocaust enveloping all of mankind.

A slow-motion Armageddon over several centuries with humanity pulling back from the coastline and building new cities and better civilizations inland is just too terrifying to imagine.