[ExI] what to do politics

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 03:12:15 UTC 2017

On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 6:02 PM, William Flynn Wallace
<foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> So to add one more thing to the list of what is needed, add skill at
> communication.

No kidding.

Screen Actor's Guild.  https://www.sagaftra.org/ronald-reagan

> and as a president he was a great actor.
> Moreover, he was likable. People would not believe that he was lying to
> them.  Hillary was very unlikable.  Maybe we need another actor!

Or someone who's skilled in science communication.  What are Bill
Nye's politics?  I know he has, at some point, specifically focused on
communicating science to older folks; might he be able to explain
that...

* No, Mexicans are not (as a whole) coming to rape your daughter.

* No, the coal industry is not coming back, but there are ways we can
lessen the pain for coal workers - and these are not the measures that
only benefit coal executives.

* No, money trickling down from the rich to the poor does not happen that much.

* No, transgender/gay/lesbian/etc. folks are not imaginary or merely confused.

* No, education is not a painful thing to be avoided, nor is learning
new skills beyond the mental capability of most working-age people.

* No, the USA is not and never has been a Christian nation with laws
based primarily and directly on religious values, and to turn it into
one would do far more harm than good.

> More on the name - Libertarian Party - I think this is associated in
> people's minds with 'losers' - and not sure of what they believe.  OK, look
> it up in Wikipedia and find out that some of them are anarchists.  That
> won't do.  So , get a new name (but not the same people who are running the
> Libertarian Party).

Aye.  Even the Green Party *might* be possible, but the Libertarians
at this point...

So many other names possible, though.  Reform.  Labor.  Populist.
American.  Maybe even Transhumanist?