[ExI] Trump on ​linear induction motors ​

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 15:45:41 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 11:04 AM, Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com>
wrote:

​
>> ​>> ​
>> Doesn't it bother you that the most powerful man in the world is an
>> idiot?​
>

> ​> ​
> Doesn't it bother that there should be a most powerful person in the world?

​Certainly not!  People have power. There are a finite number of people in
the world. Therefore I logically conclude one of them must be the most
powerful or is in a tie for being the most powerful. And I think it would
be rather nice if that most powerful person wasn't a anti-intellectual
scientific nincompoop who is unable to tell the truth.

​> ​
> I believe Dave is against the US elite projecting force

​Fine, but I can find little evidence that
the US elite
​'s desire
to ​
project
​its ​
force
​ is going away, and even less evidence that Donald Trump wants it to. ​

> ​> ​
> Aircraft carriers in particular are really just big floating offensive
> weapons used to keep imperial subjects in line.

​
Maybe so, but if you want to keep
​ ​
imperial subjects in line big floating offensive weapons
seems​
 to be the way to do it.
​

 John K Clark​