[ExI] AI article

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 19:12:01 UTC 2017

A while ago,

"bill k - Where's the Protestant work ethic of hard work, discipline
and frugality gone?"

The more useful question here might be where did these traits come from?

Gregory Clark claims (and has the supporting data) that the traits you
mention were genetically selected.  By his estimate, the population
type changed (was selected) to those more attuned to Protestant memes.
The type change happened over a number of generations, but finally, a
meme set more attuned to typical people popped into existence.  It
spread rapidly.

I.e., if Clark is right, the human population traits of "hard work,
discipline, and frugality" were what made Protestant memes spread.

Keith

PS back to your implied question of how can we get them back, read
Clark. I don't think what happened in the past can be brought back nor
would we want that.  However, there may be other ways.