[ExI] AI article

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Jun 29 21:56:56 UTC 2017

From: extropy-chat [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of William Flynn Wallace
…

>>…"bill k - Where's the Protestant work ethic of hard work, discipline
and frugality gone?"

​>…I'd like to see the evidence that it has gone away.  Challenge every assumption, I say.  Since the genes have not disappeared, all that is needed is to figure out the environment needed to activate the set producing the effect (perhaps inactivated by epigenetics in ancestors - and perhaps not inactivated at all)  bill w​

Genetics can account for only part of human behavior.

Consider the great experiment of Berlin, latter half of the 20th century.  There we start out a with a group of people genetically similar, build a wall dividing them, teach your control group to work for the good of self, the other group to work for the good of all commie-kind.

Wait 50 yrs, tear down this wall, compare the productivity of the workers.  Pretty clear message there, ja?  Communism destroys motivation and personal accountability.  Capitalism leads to competition, and competition breeds excellence.

That wall come down and we saw what was on the other side of it.  I have been a hot-blooded capitalist ever since.