[ExI] GOV _ TRUMP

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 22:34:33 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 1:42 PM, Dave Sill <sparge at gmail.com> wrote:

​> ​
> Trump's celebrity certainly helped him,

​A vast understatement, there is no way Trump would be president today
without that goddamn TV show "The apprentice".  ​

> ​> ​
> but I don't think the vast majority of Trump voters said to themselves,
> "Well, this should be entertaining..."

​I think the mob that was screaming "*LOCK HER UP!*" at Trump's ​Nuremberg
rallies were having even more fun then they had when they were watching
"The apprentice".

> ​> ​
> Reason/entertainment is a false dichotomy: just because it wasn't reason
> doesn't mean it was entertainment value.

​I think they figure Trump did a good job as the MC on a entertainment show
and they used induction to conclude that he ​would do a good job as
Commander in
​Chief
 too.

> ​> ​
> It could have emotion/fear/frustration/etc that led them to vote for Trump.

​I grant you that a creature ​like Trump could never be president if
millions of people were not scared and frustrated by the enormous wealth
gap. They were so scared they lost their reason and couldn't see the
obvious fact that Trump would only make that gap even larger. This isn't
going to end well.

John K Clark