[ExI] labels etc. IQ

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 12 19:55:49 UTC 2017

Re changing political opinions:  perhaps the best measure of intelligence,
and my favorite, is the ability to adapt to new situations.

If your opinions on nearly anything are the same as they were last year, or
ten years ago, then you aren't moving with the times - not adapting, not
thinking much about the issues, not learning other points of view.  Now
probably you won't change such things as your favorite music, that sort of
thing, your mother's apple pie.

There are good reasons to stay with basic principles, and you need really
impressive changes in the environment to change those, but many of them
will have to be adapted to new situations, new data, new news, new people
affecting your life, new ways of thinking about your principles, beliefs,
likes and dislikes.

All of you know all of this, so I am just reminding you of it.

bill w