[ExI] Fish in space

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Mar 18 16:59:26 UTC 2017

-----Original Message-----
From: spike [mailto:spike66 at att.net]

<http://www.wikinewspaper.com/a-cardboard-centrifuge-separates-blood-cells-f
rom-plasma/>

------------------

BillK

Hi BillK,

>...Cool but not applicable to fish, even tetras.

>...I can imagine an approach using a rear-wheel drive car or truck.  Get a
rim, mount your fish-container on it, balance the rim with a counter-weight,
go out somewhere far away from potential bystanders/victims of your
foolishness...There is no try.  There is only do.  Or do not...spike

Eh, scratch that, better idea.  Electric motorcycle, rear wheel, relieve
pressure, remove threaded core on Schrader valve, attach tube with water
reservoir and tetras, flush the scaly beasts into tire (you could make a
movie about it (call it Spinning Dory)) replace Schrader valve core, pump
the tire (just enough to seal the bead (1 atmosphere should be plenty)) turn
the bike sideways, run it up to an indicated about 40 mph.  With the
vertical-axis centrifuge, you get a really pure 100 g without a sinusoidal
99-101g you get with a horizontal-axis truck tire, yet still retain the
delightful aspect of having baffled passersby utter an entirely new
application for the old phrase: whaaaaaat in the helllllll????